11.26.2014

Mini-Series Week 3

image LDS.org

For the month of November, I am going to try at least once a week to relate to you something about autism that I am thankful for.

Last week was a bit of a crazy one, so I'll be sure to add one more entry for this series on Sunday.

Today I am grateful that autism has taught me about love. Through autism, my love for myself, my family, and even total strangers has been tested and eventually strengthened. I've seen what unconditional love can do for me and others around me: from giving me strength I thought was beyond my reach, to softening hearts and opening minds. Bug has taught me what unconditional love looks like, because that's the love he gives each of us. I also feel that I have a deeper, though still incomplete, understanding of what God feels for me. Everything I feel for Bug, all I see in him and hope for him, is a small sample of what God feels for each and every one of us. That is a priceless lesson that I will always be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment