11.30.2014

Mini-Series Week 4



For the month of November, I am going to try at least once a week to relate to you something about autism that I am thankful for.

For my final mini-series entry, I am thankful that autism has brought us gratitude. It's partly due to a shift in priorities, but it's due largely to newly found humility. Autism has laid bare our strengths, our weaknesses, our fears, and our hopes. Seeing life in that new light has compelled us to gratitude more than ever. Some days it's hard to be truly grateful, but overall, I am more grateful for all of my blessings, in even the smallest details of my life. As a family, we appreciate each other more, we enjoy the little moments more, we see better how blessed we are in our circumstances, and we have come to a richer understanding of God's hand in our lives. My heart has truly been softened and changed to be more grateful, even in the most turbulent times.

2 comments:

  1. I loved all of these. Thank you for helping me to see that I can try to be more grateful even in the stressful circumstances that seem to be frequent with having an Autistic child in your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be very hard to be grateful at those stressful times, but yes, it is possible. Some days it's all I can do to think of just one positive experience we had, but that's okay. There are always purely joyful days that make up for that. I'm so glad you are continuing to read and enjoy our blog!

      Delete